Information for Parents
Evidence strongly suggests that substantial benefits can be gained through investments in programs that focus on:
- Establishing an early parent-child bond and helping parents set realistic expectations based on their child’s developmental needs.
- Teaching parents how to nurture their children to reach their full potential.
- Helping parents manage behavioral and school-readiness issues with preschoolers.
- Empowering parents to establish boundaries and discipline effectively.
- Preventing abuse and neglect.
14 week parenting classes are offered two times per year in both English and Spanish. To accommodate parent’s busy schedules, high-quality childcare is offered for children over two years old, and meals are provided for both parents and children. Classes are geared toward parents of children ages 2 – 8. After participating in the parenting classes, parents report a better understanding of their children’s development and a more satisfying relationship with their young children.
The Incredible Years Parenting Class is evidenced-based, and through many rigorous research studies it has been found that the program:
- Increases positive parenting
- Decreases harsh discipline
- Reduces conduct problems
- Increases child social competence
Donate Today or Get Involved